ricardo rodriguz twitter ricardo rodriguz facebook ricardo rodriguz google ricardo rodriguz in ricardo rodriguz icloud ricardo rodriguz Instagram

News //

Matchday 17: Ratchaburi 2 - Suphanburi 1

June 22, 2016

Matchday 17: Ratchaburi 2 - Suphanburi 1

Matchday 17 of Thai Premier League in which Suphanburi visited the stadium of Ratchaburi, a club well known by Ricardo Rodríguez, who coached the team two seasons ago. The local team won by 2 goals to 1 in a game where all was decided in the second half in five frenetic minutes when all the goals were scored.

The first half was very disputed, with constant chances for both sides with no reflection in the scoreboard though. The first opportunity was for the local team in a free-kick by the always dangerous Heberty from the edge of the box sided to the right, but his shot went out nearly touching the bar of Suphanburi’s goal. The visiting team answered also with a free-kick, sided to the left, that Dhossapol executed to the box, after a deflection in the near post the ball crossed the box without anybody being able to kick it. Dellatorre had it also after a crossing to the box from the right side but his header went over the bar. The following one was for Chappuis in a similar play with a crossing to the box from right wing, but his header hit the left post of Ratchaburi’s goal and went out. The local team answered with a long ball from the defence directly to the forward, who controlled in the edge of the box and after dribbling a rival defender shot on goal but Sinthaweechai cleared the ball, the deflection went to a rival player who shot on goal but the defence managed to clear the ball over the line, the deflection went again to a rival player who shot on goal and again the defence cleared the ball over the goal line. The next one for Suphanburi came in a shot from the edge of the box sided to the right by Luiz but the goalkeeper blocked without trouble. Ratchaburi answered with a double chance, first in a very similar play, a ball in the edge of the box that ended in a shot that went directly into Sinthaweechai’s hands, and then in another ball in right wing, the rival player controlled the ball in the edge of the box sided to the right but his shot after dribbling a defender went out to the right of Suphanburi’s goal. Dhossapol had a very similar play, in the left side of the attack, after dribbling a defender in the side of the box he shot on goal but the ball went out to the right of the goalkeeper. Heberty had the last chance of the first half to put his team in advantage in a shot from outside the box that went out close to the right post of Sinthaweechai’s goal. Despite the great number of chances created halftime was reached without goals.

The first dangerous play in the second half was a bit polemic, because a goal was disallowed to Ratchaburi for an offside. A shot from outside the box sided to the right was cleared by Sinthaweechai with some trouble, the deflection went to the feet of Djaló who kicked on goal, but he was in offside position and the referee disallowed the goal. The next opportunity was also for the local team, with a shot by Heberty from the edge of the box that went out nearly touching the left post of the rival’s goal. The first one for Suphanburi in the second half came in a set piece, in a free-kick executed from left wing the ball was crossed to the box to the far post where Rozario headed with no opposition but the ball was cleared to corner by the goalkeeper in a good save. The subsequent corner-kick ended in a new crossing to the box that Apisit headed on goal but the goalkeeper again did a great save and cleared the ball. However, in the next play Ratchaburi would not miss; it was minute 73. A counterattack led by Heberty ended in a pass to the left side for the breakthrough of Djaló, who passed back to Heberty for his breakthrough into the box, his shot was cleared by Sinthaweechai but the deflection went back to Heberty, who did not miss the second shot. Nevertheless, only three minutes later, in the 76th minute, Suphanburi levelled the match. Carmelo received the ball sided to the left, in the edge of the box he made a great dribbling to a rival defender and scored with a strong low crossed shot that entered the goal close to the left post. A great goal to make temporary justice in the scoreboard. However, the joy was short because in the next play the local team took the lead again; it was minute 78. A play in left wing ended in a crossing to the box that crossed the box and was kicked on goal by Heberty in the far post coming from second line. Naphat had the last chance to tie the match in a crossing to the box from left wing by Chappuis that he headed slightly over the bar.

After the defeat Suphanburi goes down two spots in the standings and it is now tenth with 21 points, tied to Army United and Pattaya United. On top, Muang Thong remains leader with 45 points, followed by Bangkok United with 43 points. Third is Bangkok Glass with 33 points.