ricardo rodriguz twitter ricardo rodriguz facebook ricardo rodriguz google ricardo rodriguz in ricardo rodriguz icloud ricardo rodriguz Instagram

News //

Matchday 23: Air Force Central 1 – Ratchaburi 2

July 13, 2014

Matchday 23: Air Force Central 1 – Ratchaburi 2

Away game played against Air Force Central FC in matchday 23 of Thai Premier League. As it happened in the first leg when we won 2-0 in our home stadium, we won again 1-2, although we started the match losing against one of the most laureate teams of Thailand, yet not in their best stage lately.

Air Force started the game warning with 2 shots on goal that went out, both near the post, first in minute 15 and the second in minute 21. In the 29th minute we had our first opportunity to take the lead, the rival goalkeeper went out of his area to one of the side lines, and missed the pass which went to Heberty but his shot went over the bar. These were the most dangerous actions from the first half in which neither team had clear chances to open the score.

5 minutes into the second half a goal was disallowed to Air Force due to an offside, very dubious and perhaps it was not, but the lineman pulled the flag. In the following play, Dummie was close to score the first goal with a header after a cross from Nagasato from the right side, but the ball was blocked by the goalkeeper. In the 65th minute, after a good cross from the left and a one-touch shot, Air Force took the lead, and the game turned even more difficult, not only because of the goal but also for the constant rain falling, which complicated a lot the play. Yet in the 78th minute we levelled the game, Heberty executed a free-kick that the goalkeeper deflected with his fists, the ball went to Quero who passed to Heberty and his shot from the central edge of the box entered close to the left up hand corner of the goal after touching in a rival defender. We scored the victory goal in the extra time, when Heberty made a through pass to Dummie who run until he entered the box and saw Quero running beside him in the left who only had to push the ball into the net after a good pass from his teammate.

After a difficult match we obtained a victory after a comeback to remain in 7th place in the table with 35 points, 14 behind the leader, Muang Thong United; Buriram is now second 3 points behind the lead, taking advantage of the defeat of BEC Tero Sasana in Chonburi’s stadium.

Next Wednesday we are playing the first leg of the semi-finals of the Toyota Cup in an away game against Buriram. It will be a complicated round but we will give 100% as in every game; the second leg will be played the 30th June.